Special Learning understands and respects your privacy concerns. We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, viewed, and for what purpose it is used by others. This policy explains the information we collect from visitors to our website and how we use that information.
The Information We Collect
There are two types of information we collect on our site: Personal and General Information. Each is obtained through different means and utilized for different purposes.
- General Information
General information consists only of depersonalized details. It shows us the age, sex, geographic location, and similar demographic data on our visitors. This information is collected without a direct connection to any given user. In other words, while your specific information makes its way into our aggregate data, it is disassociated from you, and we receive only the figures needed for making strategic business decisions regarding our marketing practices, website features and functionality, business services, and product offerings.
- Personal Information
This kind of information is sometimes referred to as personally identifiable information, and includes, but is not limited to: your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age, sex, etc.
How Information is Collected
Special Learning collects information in two ways. General Information is collected both directly and indirectly. Personal information is obtained only through direct collection methods.
Collectionof General Information
- General information is collected while each and every visitor is on our website. It is obtained in an unobtrusive and safe manner, through both direct and indirect means.
Directly, the information is taken from your personally identifiable information that you have input into the system. While your personal information is the source of the general data, we collect only aggregate figures, disassociating your personally identifiable information from those figures.
- Indirectly, we utilize cookies, web beacons and similar methods to collect general information. These are small, temporary files used by websites to enable various access points on a site. These files are saved to a user’s personal computer as temporary internet files and may be utilized for recordkeeping or data collection purposes as well.
Collection of Personal Information
Personally identifiable information is provided directly by you when you sign up for an account with the website, register for special access to certain features, or when you make a purchase from our store. Though your personal information might be used to glean the aggregate data needed for general information purposes, it will never be associated with that general information in such a manner that it can be traced back directly to you. It is depersonalized for the purposes of general information collection, research, and analysis.
How We Use the Information Collected
Special Learning utilizes the information collected on our website for several purposes. The information collected through general and personal information is used for different reasons.
- General Information Uses
The data collected through general information aggregation is utilized by Special Learning to enhance the features and functionality of our website; to target strategic marketing initiatives; to make informed, user-based decisions about our website, our products, and our services; and to improve our overall effectiveness in our general business activities.
- Personal Information Uses
Personal information is used to set up secure user accounts, register users for access to certain areas of our website, and to process user purchases from our store. This information is stored securely in our database and is used to:
- Ensuring safe and secure use of our online services,
- Improve your registered-user experience on our website, by providing you information and recommendations that are relevant to you and your specific needs and circumstances,
- And to provide you, via correspondence, with product, service, or general autism- related information offered by Special Learning. If you are not interested, or do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out of Special Learning’s automated mailing services by sending an email to email@example.com, or by changing your personal profile settings on the site.
- Personal information of registered users is also utilized for general information collection to provide aggregate data for research purposes. When personal information is the source of aggregate data, it is disassociated from personality identifiable information, so that only raw and anonymous data is collected.
- Your personal financial information, entered by you when purchasing items from our store, is not saved by our site.
The Sharing of Information
Special Learning has strict information sharing practices in place in order to ensure the safety and security of your personal information.
- Personal Information
- General Information
We may share general information with interested, affiliated business partners and unaffiliated third parities for their own research purposes. When general information is shared, it is transferred in raw data format, utilizing only user aggregate information, with only non-personally identifiable user information included.
How Public Information May Be Used
Special Learning takes the safety and security of your personal information seriously. For this reason, we have put in place reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized use, access, modification, or disclosure.
Third Party Links
Protection of Minors
This site is not intended for the use of minors under the age of 13. Children under 13 are not permitted to register with the site, make purchases from the site’s store, or to use any website functions for which formal registration is required. Special Learning will never knowingly collect or share any information about a minor child under the age of 13.
- What to do if your child registers with the site through unauthorized means.
If your child has submitted personal information to this site and you would like to have that information removed from our data stores, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The information will remain active in our data stores until we have had the reasonable opportunity to remove it.
- What to do if your child posts information publicly to the site through unauthorized means.
If your child has posted information to our public forum or another public area of our website and you wish to have the posts removed, please contact us at email@example.com. The posts will remain public until we have had the reasonable opportunity to remove them.
Special Learning reserves the right to make adjustments and changes to this policy at any time, and will ensure that the current version of the policy is available to you at all times. Your continued use of the site is deemed agreement with the information contained within past and updated Privacy Policies for the site.
California State Privacy Rights