Ethics of Compassionate Mandated Reporting Across Disciplines (LIVE 02/17/2022)
CEU ELIGIBILITY: 2 QABA CEU or 2 BACB Supervision, Ethics or Learning CEU
Subject Matter Expert: Deborah P. Coehlo, Ph.D., C-PNP, PMHS, CFLE
Panelists: Manya Ralkowski, EdS, BCBA, LBA, IBA Iris Maynard, MA, Caseworker Supervisor of Department of Human Services
Price: $79 (includes 30-day access to the recording)
- Identify common signs and symptoms of child abuse and neglect in children, including physical, sexual, and emotional abuse and physical, medical, environmental, and educational neglect.
- Practice compassionate and competent communication with professionals and parents regarding suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Know when to discuss concerns with parents and when to make a mandatory report without notifying parents.
- Determine the appropriate authorities to call when making a report of suspected child abuse and neglect.
- Know resources commonly used to help parents become stronger and keep families together.
- Understand decisions surrounding when a child is removed from the home, a parent is removed from the home, or when a family is kept together.
- Discuss and analyze ethical dilemmas surrounding child abuse and neglect, including cultural variations on definitions, the negative impact on a child of being placed in foster care, relative placement as a mandate, and what happens when the child is the abuser.
Each purchase corresponds to 1 user license/access. Only the user assigned to a subscription will be able to participate in the lives, receive the recorded version and obtain CEUs from the webinars.
Access to the recorded version is valid for 1 month.
MANDATORY DISCLAIMER: The Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB”) does not sponsor, approve or endorse Special Learning, the materials, information or sessions identified herein.